For my third project for the Heartfelt Creations Design Team call, I decided to do a card that was much more in the "traditional" style that Heartfelt Creations is known for. This card features gorgeous flowers from the Classic Rose, Sun Kissed Fleur and Lilac/Posy Patch stamps and dies. I used a variety of coloring techniques including sponging with daubers, combining embossing with alcohol markers and straight marker to paper using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. The shimmer and sparkle comes from multiple sources including glitter, a product from Stampendous called Shaved Ice, and the Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen. You'll find instructions, a video and a product list below. I hope you enjoy this card.
1. Use one of the Pocket and Flipfold Inserts from pack 'B', glue down the flaps so you have the card face that is slightly shorter than the card back.
2. Using paper from the Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose collection cut paper to cover the front panel, and two inside panels.
3. You'll also cut out one of the thin borders and a sentiment from the paper pack.
4. Glue down the paper on the front panel and the right side of the inner panel.
5. Before adhering the paper to the left side of the inner panel glue down one of the borders from the Regal Borders die cut that has been glued to some backing paper, you'll want to cover the backside of the backing as well (see the video for additional information). The backed regal border will be used as a "handle" of sorts to open the card.
6. Cut out one Decorative Oval, add small foam adhesive squares to the back and adhere it down in the middle of the card front. Add Swarovski crystals or small gems to the front of the oval.
7. Cut out and shape your flowers. For this project I used several Classic Rose flowers of various sizes that I stamped and sponged in Archival inks, several Sun Kissed Fleur flowers of various sizes that I cut from vellum then heat embossed with white embossing powder then colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and two of the Lilac flowers which I colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and added small vellum flowers to add a bit of dimension.
8. Cut out and color various leaves, for this project I used leaves from the Classic Rose set and leaves from the Delicate Aster die set.
9. Add the Lilac flowers to the left side of the inside panel.
10. Add the flowers to the from panel, adhere with hot glue.
11. Add the sentiment to the front panel and stamp the sentiment on the inside panel.
12. Add Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
You can watch the video here:
Heartfelt Creations Pocket and Flipfold Inserts (Kit "B")
Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose Paper Collection
Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose Stamp
Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose Die
Heartfelt Creations Striped Sun Kissed Fleur Stamp
Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Die
Heartfelt Creations Lilac / Posy Patch Stamp
Heartfelt Creations Delicate Aster Die
Heartfelt Creations Regal Borders Die
Heartfelt Creations Decorative Oval Die
Art Glitter dries clear glue
Stampendous Shaved Ice
Tree House Studio crystal glitter
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
Archival Inks: Plum, Magenta Hue, Rose Madder, Red Geranium, Emerald Green, Fern Green, Sap Green
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers: PP3, PP5, BP6
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: Pink, Florescent Pink, Peach Pink, Sugared Almond Pink, Light Green
Kevin S. Devine
Things I like
My page is designed to talk about all things creative. Have a question? Drop me a line!